- Thank the person who nominated you (no one ever nominates me)
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about, to do this tag
1) What are you currently reading?
I actually just finished a rather poor comic of Venom and am rereading Cemetery Boys before the release. I normally read several books at once, but for some reason, I’m just not. I really should pick up another book so I don’t get all lost and confused upon finishing each book.
2) What’s your favourite ‘can’t-leave-the-house’ activity?
I’m going to be predicable and say blogging and staring at my cat. She’s really cute, but don’t tell her that.
3) A book you’ve been meaning to read for forever
All of them? But also
I really want to finish this before summer ends, for obvious reasons. I’ve loved the (few) other books with ace protagonists that I’ve read and I feel ready for a book about grief.
4) An intimidating book on your tbr
Eh, I tend to avoid intimating/ big books despite reading big books being one of my challenges for this year. But Under The Rainbow seems intimidating because it’s about queer people moving to a very homophobic town. It seems to have some mixed reviews and an unrealistic optimism. I’m interested, but skeptical.
5) Top 3 priority books on your tbr
I’ve already mentioned CB and Summer Bird Blue, so the others would be:
6) Recommend a short book
I finally get the chance to rec The Carol Ashton series. It follows an adult lesbian detective in Australia, the first book being an investigation into a high school teacher’s death.
7) Recommend a long book
May I cry now? But fortunately for me, The Complete Sherlock Holmes is a staggering 1796 pages, broken up in two volumes, but GR counts it as one. If you don’t feel like a collection counts (boo) there’s also Wolf Hall at 600 pages. It follows Thomas Cromwell, one of the people Henry 1V killed. (It’s been a while, ok)
8) Something you’d love to do while stuck at home
I don’t love doing anything except staring at my cat. I enjoy writing once I get into the flow, but it’s hard to get into the flow!
9) What do you plan on reading next?
I really hope that An Absolutely Remarkable Thing comes in the mail soon so I can read the sequel! I got them both on sale at the same time but for some reason ABFE came separately and earlier.
Welp, you’re tagged! What do you think of these books? What are your answers to the questions? *Please fill out this short survey!*